The purpose of the MBA School of Lending is to prepare mid-level bankers and commercial loan officers to serve effectively and profitably by developing an understanding of your bank’s risk appetite, risk tolerance, risk culture and the risks assumed in the loan portfolio.
Benefits of Attending
- The faculty are top-notch banking veterans who will give you plenty of opportunity to ask questions, share concerns and learn from the best.
- You will receive an information-packed manual. Each module contains learning concepts and resource materials.
- You will share ideas, concerns and solutions with other participants from similar institutions.
- You will return to your bank as a valuable asset with a comprehensive and practical overview of banking.
- The school prepares you to tackle complex commercial lending situations and helps you boost your banking career.
For admission, an applicant must:
- have a minimum of one year of experience in credit administration in a bank or have one year of experience in commercial lending or have five years of banking experience and a high school diploma (Completion of a college degree is desirable.)
- have successfully completed ABA or other equivalent courses in accounting, analysis of financial statements, money and banking or have a demonstrated knowledge
Completion of the Missouri School of Lending requires:
- attendance at all structured lecture and case study sessions
- a minimum score on daily quizzes and the post-test
- completion of all additional assignments that may be required by the faculty
Graduates will receive a school transcript and a certificate of completion.
For More Information
Contact Cheri Messerli at MBA at 573-636-8151.