In today’s highly competitive world of mergers, acquisitions and the ever-changing turbulent banking environment, it is essential to gain a competitive edge. What better way to assure yourself and your institution of this edge than to attend the Missouri School of Banking. Challenging yet entertaining instructors coupled with the latest education course study will allow you to gain an invaluable banking education.
We highly recommend marking your calendar now to attend this year’s School of Banking in Columbia, Missouri. You can be assured this education will aid in preparing you for today’s complex banking issues and boost your career as a banker.
Purpose & Objectives
The Missouri School of Banking is a two-year program with a comprehensive study of 23 functional areas of banking. The school is designed for mid-level and junior bank officers preparing for a career in bank management. The purpose of the school is to provide that instruction by:
- imparting a thorough understanding of banking and the interrelationships of each function
- understanding how each functional area affects overall profitability
- enhancing analytical skills and management techniques
- applying the concepts learned through two interim written assignments
- learning management skills through a bank simulation where students experience running a bank, working with other department heads and taking responsibility for profit decisions
- exposing students to the experience and knowledge of other bankers across the state
Benefits of Attending
- The faculty are all top-notch banking veterans who will give you plenty of opportunity to ask questions, share concerns and learn from the best.
- You will receive an information-packed manual for each module containing learning concepts and resource materials.
- You will share ideas, concerns and solutions with other participants from similar institutions.
- You will return to your bank as a valuable asset with a comprehensive and practical overview of banking.
- The school is excellent training for those interested in taking the next step in banking education by attending a national graduate school of banking.
For admission, an applicant must:
- have a college degree and two years of banking experience, or a high school diploma and five years of banking experience, and
- have successfully completed courses in principles of banking, money and banking, and accounting, or have equivalent coursework or have demonstrated knowledge
To allow an optimum learning experience, class size is limited. Early enrollment is recommended to ensure a place in school and to allow time to preview student materials.
In order to receive a graduation certificate, you are required to:
- attend all structured lecture and case study sessions and all evening functions as scheduled for both years
- attain a minimum score on the two multiple choice tests, attain a minimum score on the two interim course assignments and complete any additional faculty administered assignment
For More Information
Contact Cheri Messerli at MBA at 573-636-8151.