Compliance is one of the most crucial and consuming issues in the financial industry today. The regulatory agencies are making it clear through their examinations of banks that no institution can afford to be without a comprehensive, well-managed compliance program. Your compliance officer must be able to run the process, including a bank-wide training program, like a well-oiled machine.
As a major resource for banking education, the MBA provides this year’s School of Compliance. It ensures that financial institutions have the latest knowledge and preparation they need to properly handle compliance issues.
Constant changes and the highly charged regulatory environment make this information more important than ever to your financial institution.
The purpose of the school is to provide students with the knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations that impact lending practices, deposit functions, marketing and management by:
- developing an understanding of federal laws and regulations
- developing basic management skills and effective techniques for compliance administration
- providing instruction designed to supplement in-bank training programs and benefit students through exposure to the experience and knowledge of other students
Benefits of Attending
- You will also get to share your compliance concerns and solutions with participants from similar institutions who have many of the same concerns you do.
- You will receive an information-packed manual for each module containing program and resource material.
- Participants who attend the entire school will receive a completion certificate to document their ongoing commitment to bank compliance education.
- Return to your institution with new and valuable compliance insights and solutions.
Participants should have at least one year of experience in a functional area of banking, such as lending, compliance, auditor, cashier, etc. You may choose to attend any combination of modules; however, attendance at the entire school is highly recommended for:
- those who manage the entire compliance program for their institution
- compliance officers from community banks
- compliance officers who are involved in the compliance monitoring, audit, review or training process in their institutions
Compliance School Certificate
Those attending the entire school will receive a school certificate. This requires attendance at all structured lecture and study sessions.
For More Information
Contact Cheri Messerli at MBA at 573-636-8151.