Bank compliance requirements have become increasingly complex and extensive. Through the Compliance Hotline and numerous compliance educational events and publications, MBA has assisted its members throughout the years to help bank compliance staff understand and implement state and federal compliance laws and regulations. Additional services are available to MBA members that will strengthen your bank’s ability to meet these compliance challenges.
MBA offers the following free services for member banks’ compliance needs.
- Compliance Hotline — For more than 35 years, banks have turned to MBA for guidance on federal or state banking law or regulations.
- E-newsletter — An email on compliance topics is sent to compliance professionals, as needed, to alert members of hot topics and important regulatory developments. Subscribe to MBA Compliance Update
- Articles — Written by MBA compliance staff, commentaries published in The Missouri Banker focus in-depth on specific compliance topics.
- Comment Letters — MBA prepares comment letters on proposed compliance-related regulations.
- Regional Peer Groups — Banking professionals meet with their peers to share and discuss compliance issues affecting the financial industry. In seven regions throughout the state, a designated facilitator serves as host of each regional meeting.
- Compliance Committee — This group of compliance officers from various MBA banks around the state assists in planning the MBA Compliance Conference and providing input on other compliance services.
In addition, members can take advantage of these services available through MBA.
- Education — MBA offers various training opportunities for financial institutions, including the School of Compliance, Lending Compliance Workshop, Compliance Conference and Operations Compliance Workshop. Numerous one-day compliance seminars are conducted throughout the state on various topics, including Bank Secrecy Act, IRAs, titling accounts, and new and revised compliance regulations. Bankers also may participate in compliance-related webinars.
Another educational component available is in-bank training programs from MBA. These cost-effective programs educate employees on a specific topic or multiple topics.
- Reviews — We offer your bank help with compliance reviews that generally encompass consumer protection regulations, as well as more targeted reviews on a specific area. We also provide offsite reviews of your ads. These services include compliance reviews, in-bank Bank Secrecy Act reviews, HMDA reviews, fair lending reviews and other customized reviews.
Learn More About MBA Compliance Services
- Publications — Books and manuals offered by MBA cover various compliance topics, from titling deposit accounts to handling garnishments and levies, to a summary of state anking legislation.