These bankers participated in Young Bankers Day at the Federal Reserve Bank in Kansas City on Aug. 19, 2016.
The MBA Young Bankers Leadership Division was created to enhance professional development for Missouri's young bankers and to prepare them to become the industry's next generation of leaders. This division provides a forum for young bankers to exchange ideas, participate in customized continuing education and promote financial literacy in our state.
Five Young Banker committees help to unify the regional membership and support the greater statewide mission.
- Communications and Social Media
works to create community among the MBA Young Bankers by engaging members using social media and email
- Events and Special Projects
identifies and promotes participation in philanthropic projects, as well as educational, networking and social events
- Financial Literacy
identifies and promotes opportunities for MBA Young Bankers to participate in personal finance presentations for K-12 students
works to involve MBA Young Bankers in the political process
Recognition and Awards
develops criteria and implements processes for recognizing excellence among MBA Young Bankers
To qualify as a Young Banker, you must be a Missouri banker age 45 or younger and employed by an MBA-member financial institution. All bank levels/positions are eligible for membership.
How will the Young Bankers Division train and develop future banking leaders?
- involvement in the political process/advocacy through grassroots
- participation in financial literacy efforts
- education through the American Bankers Association, banking schools, seminars and workshops
- Young Bankers Leadership Conference
- Banking Leadership Missouri Program
- mentoring relationships
Benefits for Young Bankers
- great introduction to government relations
- professional and personal growth
- exposure to industry leaders
- develop skills and gain understanding of industry trends
- community with those who share common challenges and goals
- communication about issues that affect you and your bank
- targeted as future leaders of the Missouri banking industry
Connect With Us On Facebook
Join conversations with fellow Young Bankers and gain recommendations for career advancement by joining the Young Bankers' Facebook page.
For More Information
Contact David Kent or Emily Lewis