MBA Board of Directors established the Bank Counsel Section in 1993 to provide an opportunity for cooperation and mutual support for attorneys and counselors dedicated to furthering commercial banking in Missouri through membership in a banking organization.
Benefits of Membership
As a member of MBA's Bank Counsel Section, you will have access to the following.
- online directory of Bank Counsel Section members
- subscription to The Missouri Banker, a monthly publication that includes legislative and legal information
- These Laws Affect You, an annual summary of legislation affecting banks
- member price on various loan/deposit compliance books, statutes, etc.
- national bank lawyer newspaper (one copy per institution or firm for attorney/employee members)
- compliance, legislative and educational e-newsletters from MBA
- online access to protected member information on MBA's website
- networking opportunities with bank attorneys
- participate as expert witness database
- discounted registration for annual banking law seminar (CLE available)
- discounted registration for MBA educational events
- participate in lawyer information exchange
- participate in surveys, offer reactions, advise, etc. on selected topics, when requested
Please note that additional opportunities for advertising and sponsorship for law firms is available through membership as an associate member of MBA (separate from the Bank Counsel Section).
For More Information
Contact Keith Thornburg