Scholarships Available For College Students Interning At MBA Banks
School may be out for summer, but the work is just beginning for many college students. For the next few months, they will apply the skills and knowledge they have learned in the classroom at a summer internship. If those internships are at a bank, these students could receive a scholarship from the Missouri Bankers Foundation.
In April, the Missouri Bankers Foundation announced the creation of a new scholarship for college students. The MBA InternConnect Scholarship Program is designed to encourage college sophomores and juniors majoring in a banking-related discipline to explore careers in the Missouri banking industry.
“Banking internships give college students an opportunity to learn about our industry and elevate banking as a rewarding career path,” said Max Cook, MBA president and CEO. “This scholarship is another opportunity to alleviate college expenses for future bankers.”
The Missouri Bankers Foundation will award up to five $1,000 MBA InternConnect Scholarships annually to college students.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria.
- Applicant must have completed an internship with an MBA-member bank within the last six months.
- Applicant must be a Missouri resident or attend a Missouri state accredited college or university.
- Applicant must have at least college sophomore academic standing; college seniors may apply if pursuing graduate studies.
The following selection criteria and process will be used to assess applications.
- Selection will be based on a student’s successful completion of an internship with an MBA-member bank.
- Academic achievement and extracurricular activities will be taken into consideration, but weight is given to letters of recommendation, essay and factors directly related to the banking internship experience.
- The Missouri Bankers Foundation selection committee will select scholarship recipients on a nondiscriminatory basis.
- Selection committee decisions are final and binding.
“If your bank works with interns, we encourage you to share this scholarship information with them,” Cook said.
MBA will notify scholarship recipients in December 2018. Applications and all materials must be postmarked by Friday, Oct. 5.
For More Information
For more information about MBA InternConnect or this scholarship, contact Rachael Preston at 573-636-8151.