MBA Foundation Awards Five InternConnect Scholarships
The Missouri Bankers Foundation awarded five $1,000 scholarships to college students who were interns at Missouri banks. These scholarships are the first to be awarded to students through the Missouri Bankers Assocation’s InternConnect program.
The MBA InternConnect Scholarship Program is designed to encourage college sophomores and juniors majoring in a banking-related discipline to explore careers in the Missouri banking industry.
“Banking internships give college students an opportunity to learn about our industry and elevate banking as a rewarding career path,” said Max Cook, MBA president and CEO. “This scholarship is another opportunity to alleviate college expenses for future bankers.”
MBA congratulates the following winners.
- Adrian Adams was an intern at Arvest Bank in Springfield in the summer of 2018. Her supervisor was Kristin Mock, marketing specialist with Arvest Bank. Adams is studying marketing at Missouri State University in Springfield and will graduate in May 2020.
- Kayla Borcherding interned at the Bank of Washington in the summer of 2018. Her supervisor was Jamie Holtmeier, assistant BSA and deposit compliance officer. Borcherding is studying accounting at the University of Missouri-Columbia and will graduate in May 2020.
- Aaron Head was an intern at the Bank of Billings in the summer of 2018. His supervisor was Krisha Kessinger, vice president/loan operations supervisor. Head is studying economics and finance at Southwest Baptist University in Springfield and will graduate in December
- Ryan Layman interned at Community Bank of Missouri in Richmond in the summers of 2017 and 2018. His supervisor was Stephanie Landwehr, executive vice president/chief operating officer. Layman is studying accounting at Northwest Missouri State University in
Maryville and will graduate in May 2020.
- Seth Smith interned at Central Bank of Warrensburg in the summer of 2018. His supervisors were Jessica Caldwell, assistant vice president, and Madison Davis, assistant branch manager. Smith is studying accounting at Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville and will graduate in December 2019.
Applications for 2019 MBA InternConnect Scholarships are due Friday, Oct. 4.