Attend this proactive webinar and receive a thorough overview of commercial lending requirements from a “loan” structure, documentation and compliance perspective. Basic “business” structure will be presented along with loan “structure” and loan “support.”
Additionally, “commercial” lending issues relative to loan documentation will be reviewed. “Loan pricing” and “monitoring” also will be covered, along with a review of current compliance issues.
The webinar will be summarized through a comprehensive case study.
- Review basic “business” structure: C Corporations to LLCs.
- Explore the six elements of loan structure: loan purpose, sources of repayment, adequate amount, appropriate term, adequate support, framework for monitoring.
- Summarize the four elements of loan support: collateral, guaranties, business loan agreements, subordination agreements.
- Highlight “commercial” loan documentation issues, including promissory notes, security agreements and guaranties, along with the use of the BSA loan rating, collateral rating and C&I borrower rating matrices.
- Discuss loan pricing and monitoring issues.
- Review current compliance issues: Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and UCC Article 9.
- Analyze comprehensive loan structure/documentation/compliance case study.
Who Should Attend
commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, assistant branch managers, private bankers, and business development officers
David L. Osburn
Osburn & Associates, LLC
David Osburn is the founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC, a business training and contract CFO firm. His extensive professional background of more than 30 years includes work as a business
trainer/contract CFO and work as a bank commercial lender, including the position of vice president/senior banking officer. His banking credentials includes loan underwriting, loan work-out,
management and business development.
Osburn holds the professional designation of Certified Credit & Risk Analyst as granted by the National Association of Credit Management.
For More Information
Contact the MBA Education Department at 573-636-8151 or email.